The Timberwolf section is for scouts age 8-11 years of age. This section’s activities are based on The Jungle Book as written by Robert Baden-Powell‘s friend, Rudyard Kipling. The games and practical activities are focused on learning is “by doing.” The overall program is similar in appearance to B-P’s original pre-1960s Wolf Cub program. The focus is on preparing the Timberwolf scout for scouting in the Pathfinder section. Timberwolves are in a Pack of 25-32 scouts, and sub-divided into Sixes of 5-8 scouts.
Section Schedule Meetings
Timberwolves: 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month, 12-2 pm
- Hat: navy blue ball style cap with the Timberwolf Badge centered on the front.
- Shirt: ash gray long-sleeve jersey with no collar, sleeves rolled up or down
- Pants: Either long style cargo pants or shorts of an approved color: dark blue, khaki, green or gray
- Necker: of the group’s colors, worn with a ring or slide at the throat
- Socks: Knee length, worn turned down at the knee with green tabbed garter showing on outside with shorts, of approved color: dark blue, khaki, green, or gray (not white)
- Shoes: brown or black
BPSA-US also has links to get articles of the uniform.
BPSA Timberwolf Handbook – online handbook for all Timberwolf scouts
Wolf Cub Handbook – original Wolf Cub handbook by Robert Baden-Powell
Cubmaster’s First Year - Great resource for new Timberwolf Pack Leaders.
The Jungle Book
The Grand Howl with Baden-Powell